Important Information About the Pool
- There is a one-way system in place on pool side (see diagram above).
- The maximum bather load is 5 people per lane (see diagram above).
- There are specific entry and exit points to comply with social distancing guidelines (see diagram above).
- All lanes to swim in a clockwise manor (see diagram above).
Speed & Overtaking
- Choose your lane using the fast, intermediate (centre preference) and slow signs and by watching those already swimming.
- Make sure you are aware of your own swimming ability when choosing a lane for safety purposes.
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
- Please follow the directional signs around pool side (see diagram above)
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer (see diagram above)
- Your own equipment (kickboard and pull buoy only) can be used for public swimming. They must be submerged in chlorinated water for 10 seconds to disinfect them.
- Initials should be signed on all equipment for identification purposes.
- Swimmers will be expected to use the same equipment through the session and not swap with others.
- Equipment must be submerged after use and left on pool side.
- Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall, turning head away and allowing others to maintain social distancing measures.
- Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle on to poolside to use during your swim.
Please read our full Customer Code of Conduct before visiting the centre