Learn to SwimCode of Conduct
In order to keep everyone safe during their visit to the centre we have put together a new Code of Practice for our swimming lessons which must be followed at all times:
Before Coming to the Facilities
- Do not come to the facility if you or your child have shown signs or symptoms of COVID in the past 7 days, please see symptoms below: –
- Persistent cough
- High temperature
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Health screening form to be completed prior to first lesson back.
- Only one adult is permitted to accompany the child to lessons.
- All details need to be updated on our management information system for Track, Trace and Protect services (this can be completed on enrolment).
- Please make sure you have booked your child’s space within the swimming lesson program.
- If you could please arrive 5 minutes before your child’s lesson (your child should be pool ready with swimming costumes under their clothes, so less time spent in the changing rooms).
- All swimming lessons will be re-starting from Monday 17 May 2021 and will be managed through staggered starts, face masks must be worn by anyone over the age of 11 and they must keep them on during their visit to the facilities.
- Please observe social distancing guidance whilst visiting the facilities.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Toilets will be open but limited numbers; all cubicles will be accessible but sinks and urinals may be blocked off to observe social distancing measures.
- Behaviour deemed inappropriate may result in the customer being asked to leave and may jeopardise your future usage of the facility.
- Please be patient with the staff and other users during this period.
Swimming Lesson Procedure
- Please shower at home where you can to limit time spent in the changing village.
- Please arrive at the centre with your child’s swimming kit under their clothes.
- All facility users over 11 must wear a face mask in the changing rooms and communal areas.
- We ask for you to hold on to your children’s clothes and bags to limit touch points in the changing areas.
- There will be zones marked out to observe social distancing in the changing rooms (cubicles and floor markings).
- Please observe the distancing markers on the floor and wait for the teacher to call your child to their pool area.
- Ratios of swimmers will be reduced in the lessons, but under 18s are not bound by maximum numbers if the activity is for development or wellbeing of the child – https://wsa.wales/sport-for-under-18s/
- Children under the age of 11 are not expected to maintain the 2-meter social distance but will be encouraged to do so by facility staff.
- Swimming directions will be issued by the teachers.
- There is a new structure during this period, so teachers and areas your child participates maybe different.
- Children will be staggered on both sides of the pool to observe social distancing.
- Once the session is complete parents should arrive on time to collect their child via the distancing markers.
- Showers will be available, but we advise that children shower at home to limit time within the facility.
- Change in your zone and spend as little time as possible in this area.
- Exit the facility via the main entrance (follow one-way system).
- There will be no spectating in Tredegar due to limited space and restriction on numbers.
- Abertillery and Ebbw Vale will use the 1st floor seating area that will have seating available for one parent/guardian. The maximum limit on spectators will be restricted to 15, as per Welsh Governments guidance.
- There will be one-way systems in place and social distancing measure on the seats.
- There will be a one-way system from the changing area to the first-floor seating, please follow the arrows in the centre.
- There will be 1 parent allowed to spectate per child.